Nexia BT’s managing partner Brian Tonna heaped glowing praise on disgraced and discredited Joseph Muscat on Facebook when Muscat announced his resignation.
Commenting beneath a Facebook post by Labour diehard and former GWU boss Tony Zarb, Tonna said:
Here are a few background facts on Nexia BT:
- In 2011 Nexia BT company turnover was €1.6 million. By 2018 it had risen to €9.7 million.
- An analysis by The Shift News revealed that between 2013 and 2017 Nexia BT was awarded €2 million in direct orders.
- Nexia BT was the advisory company that opened Konrad Mizzi and Keith Schembri’s Panama companies – Hearnville and Tillgate – as well as their New Zealand trusts.
- It also set up the company Egrant, whose ultimate beneficial owner is still in question.
- Nexia BT sat on both the hospital deal and the power-station deal adjudication committees.
- Nexia BT are the auditors of Kasco Holdings Ltd, owned by Keith Schembri, who is currently under investigation for complicity in the assassination of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia and a litany of other offences.
- They are also the auditors for New Energy Supply owned by Yorgen Fenech, who is the alleged mastermind behind the assassination of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia. The company was described by retired auditor Godfrey Leone Ganado as a possible vehicle for kickbacks in a detailed analysis.
- The Egrant inquiry report recommended that the Commissioner of Police should investigate the discrepancies in the testimonies of Karl Cini, Nexia BT partner, as it appears that he may have perjured (given false testimony).
- The Maltese government attempted to have a paragraph in a Council of Europe report on the Rule of Law in Malta deleted. The paragraph highlighted the “key role” played by Mr Tonna and Nexia BT in the Panama Papers, Electrogas, Egrant, Hillman ‘golden passports’ affairs, the lack of disciplinary action taken against them by the Accountancy Board and how Mr Tonna and Nexia BT received numerous lucrative government contracts.
Tonna described Muscat as the best that ever was and that ever will be.
Given Nexia BT’s relationship and good fortune with the Muscat government, one shouldn’t be surprised that Tonna thought so highly of Muscat…